Who we are: Canadian Fiber Optics Corp (CFOC) is a privately held telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities. From the design and construction of networks to the provision of end user services, to the on-going support of the fiber networks, CFOC is connecting rural communities with the world.
Why we do it: We believe in the work we do and the legacy it leaves behind. We make meaningful change possible by connecting people, businesses, and industry to the Internet. We do not believe anyone should be forced to leave a community because their Internet connection does not allow them to be as connected as they want, or need, to be. We enable network connections in communities where people choose to build their lives; where they work, where they watch their families grow, and where they choose to give back. We do not believe education, healthcare, connecting with families and friends around the world, or entertainment should be restricted.
We build and operate fast, reliable fiber networks so rural Canadians, and its businesses, can thrive. We are currently looking for a Calgary based Land Administrator position.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Program Manager, this role is responsible for working as a member within the Project Management department. The opportunity will include daily Land Administration activities and associated communications with internal and external clientele. Utilizing your administrative and customer service skills, you will provide Land administrative support to FTTP and fiber Network type projects, including preparation of construction land packages, reporting and compliance. You have a thorough knowledge of negotiating, executing, and monitoring land agreements and scheduling of multiple ISP projects. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is efficient and provides high quality work.
Key Organizational Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Be responsible for your own health and wellness, personally and professionally, to ensure you can perform this role as needed
- Contribute to the goals of CFOC connectivity through your performance and team alignment
- Working responsibly on the work assigned to you within the values of CFOC
The list below represents a list of items that you will be responsible for. These fall within the referenced “defined responsibilities” list but the list does not start and end here. As the company grows, so will you, so will your responsibilities and so will your team.
- Project manage a dynamic portfolio of interesting FTTP surface projects.
- Prepare land documents for the storage yard rental or leases, cabinet site locations, fiber conduits, utility right-of-ways, lease amendments and third-party agreements.
- Prepare, negotiate and coordinate Municipal Access Agreements, crossing agreements and permitting, submit, track and review with Municipalities and 3rd parties.
- Prepare, negotiate and coordinate power connection agreements, submit, track and review with power providers.
- Compile Construction Land Package including line list, fully executed land agreements, permits and crossing agreements.
- Communicate with key stakeholders such as clients, landowners, regulatory officials, government agencies, and project managers.
- Municipality, community, landowners’ and 3rd party relations.
- Ensure that all paperwork relating to any of the above responsibilities is done accordingly ensuring traceability of such documentation.
- Ensure project requirements, deadlines and schedules are on track.
- Manages project-related inquiries or escalations and provides appropriate responses in a timely manner.
- Varied hours of work and travel based on location of various projects.
- Promote teamwork and a safe work environment.
- Drives to work sites.
- Ensures safety policies are being followed.
** The list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the organization reserves the right to adjust the job description as required. Job requirement includes other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is a detailed and diligent worker, that wants to be a part of something great. This role requires flexibility, and supports structure, with an ability to respond quickly and intuitively to situations that arise.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive working knowledge of surface land procedures, relevant land legislation and regulations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and British Columbia
- Project coordination or Project Management Certificate
- Interpretation of CAD drawings
- Telecommunication experience is an asset
- Fiber optic project experience (both aerial and underground) is an asset
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced deadline driven service environment
- Proficient computer skills & knowledge of MS Excel
- Effective communication skills, confident interacting with key contacts at all levels in verbal, written and electronic form
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail and logical problem solver
- Excellent organizational skills to set and drive established goals while focusing on accuracy.
- Positive, friendly with a high customer service approach to duties
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional reporting and project management skills
Canadian Fiber Optics offers a competitive, total compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and growth. Compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
If you are looking for a purpose driven place to work, please visit our Careers page at www.canadianfiberoptics.ca/careers for application details.