Canadian Fiber Optics Corp (CFOC) is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
Primary responsibilities include preparing drawings, layouts, sketches, maps, and graphic representations of engineering designs using Autodesk software under the direction of a designer. Role will mainly involve the creation and final output of telecommunications outside plant design deliverables. These include preparing field staking sheets, IFR and IFC packages, material order forms, as-builts and client database posting. As a fast-growing turn-key telecommunications contractor, CFOC will require the successful candidate to possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and contribute to overall department success as a team player.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare IFR drawings based on initial ideas, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets, standards documents, and joint-use agreements. Generate fiber strand allocation charts, splice diagrams, and fiber schematics. Incorporate information from field notes to drawings, diagrams, and/or maps.
- Create and edit underground civil and aerial permit drawing sets while abiding by application standards of permit granting authorities. Including but not limited to municipal, regional district, provincial and federal agencies. First nations, railway, pipeline, and electrical distribution owners.
- Prepare IFC drawings based on approved permits. Complete Bill of Material reports and data entry functions as required by the customer.
- Compile construction redlines into AutoCAD as built, capturing any field change that took place during construction. Complete client specific database posting.
- Assist design team with the completion of additional deliverables for successful project execution.
- Utilize your knowledge and experience for continuous CAD process development and drafting efficiency. Successfully create polylines and blocks to be used in various scenarios.
- Aptitude for technology with proficient working knowledge of current computer operating systems, plus Visio, Excel, Word, and other Microsoft applications. Ability to use AutoCAD to draft 2D drawings.
- Familiar with various data mediums including SHP files and GPS. Ability to source and integrate a wide variety of data (surveys, orthophotos, field mark-ups, GIS, and PDF).
- Experience in fiber design and fiber allocation. Knowledge of underground utilities, and structured cabling.
- Must be able to follow instructions and perform work with minimal supervision once assigned a task. Ability to communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Highly detail-oriented, self-starter individual with excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to stay organized and maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced environment.