Supply Chain Specialist
Who we are: Canadian Fiber Optics Corp (CFOC) is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. From the design and construction of network operations to the provision of end user services, CFOC is connecting rural communities and their members with the world.
Why we do it: We believe in the work we do, and the legacy we will leave behind. We make meaningful change possible through network connections in communities where people choose to build their lives; where they work, where they grow, staying connected through education and entertainment.
We build and operate fast, reliable fiber networks in places where competitors can’t or wont, so rural Canada can thrive, and we are currently looking for a Supply Chain Specialist to complement our growing Team in achieving this.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Project Management Office, the Supply Chain Specialist will provide full suite of supply chain services to support forecasted fiber to the premise and transport fiber builds.
The procurement specialist will be engaged in fiber to the premise and long-haul network fiber projects. This position is responsible for finding goods and services for the company at the best value regarding quality, price, and delivery. Additional duties of this position include assisting the analysis and preparation of contracts, buying & expediting, also closely working with the project managers and project coordinators as well as outside vendors to meet project requirements. This individual will work closely with construction & operations to achieve optimal project outcomes.
Supply Chain Management:
- Oversight of day-to-day SCM operations and ERP data (NetSuite).
- Manage OSP Materials, Network Equipment and Customer Premise Equipment.
- Equipment inventories ensuring sales orders are fulfilled, proper storage and flow of goods.
- Assist with logistics.
- Support inventory management and budgets relating to material demands, construction, operations requirement, and defined business objectives.
- Maintaining master material requirement plan based on project forecast including order maintenance in ERP system.
- Source and negotiate suppliers based on qualifications, cost and material availability considering quality, critical inventory items and dual sourcing requirements.
- Control of supply chain operations and logistics mitigating risks and improving system output.
- Review and monitor site material management (control, handling, traceability).
- Coordinate physical inventories and reconcile quantities with NetSuite Inventory Control software.
- Preparing the RFP/RFQ documents and bid tabulations.
- Coordinating the technical and cost review of submitted proposals
- Negotiate terms with suppliers such as price, quality of goods, deadlines, expectations, etc.
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders.
- Liaise with suppliers and project managers regarding updates and details of goods.
- Proactively performing expediting activities to ensure the delivery of equipment, materials, services, and related documentation
- Developing and maintaining status reports on deliveries & purchases.
- Managing routine and complex purchase orders and/or service orders.
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered.
- Establish proper organization, policy, and procedures for control of procurement of both project and operational support goods and services.
- Work closely with the projects team to understand details of procurement requirements.
- Ensuring timely and cost-effective procurement while adhering to company requirements and proper procurement practices.
- Identify suppliers of goods and services.
- Create a pool of alternate suppliers for goods and services.
- Act as single point of contact for procurement
- Provide input into budgets and project cost estimates
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in supply chain or procurement related role.
- Degree level (Business/Finance/Engineering/Logistics/Economics) or related
- General knowledge of FTTP networks.
- NetSuite user experience is an added advantage.
- Experience with construction and telecommunication project.
- Strong Supply Chain Management experience ideally leading a supply chain team.
- Certification in the field of procurement desired (SCMP, SCM) or similar.
- Strong knowledge of the industry, local and global markets conditions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Impeccable negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and rapport building.
- Flexible to work long hours as demanded by projects.
- Possess a clear working knowledge of procurement process, expediting, inspection, document control, traffic and logistics aspects of the procurement process and the interfaces between them.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently when required.
- Able to travel to meet vendors and suppliers as necessary
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge to independently manage self and others workload efficiently.
- Experience leading to outcomes with vendors on high visibility projects, including comfort with raising issues and bringing them up to senior management if necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly conscientious and diligent work ethic, strong attention to detail.
- Be a positive change agent for the operation.
- Extensive knowledge of Telecom OSP materials, Network and CPE.
- Ability to occasionally travel will be required.
- Self-starter, independent worker, dedicated, and dependable.
- Decisive, willing to make well-reasoned decisions and accountable for decisions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Leadership skills desired: high emotional intelligence, high integrity, lack of ego (humility).
- Believes in making long term business relationships with team members and vendors.
- Interested in investing in a long-term career with a growing company.
** The list of tasks and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the organization reserves the right to adjust the job description as required. Job requirement includes other duties as assigned.
Canadian Fiber Optics offers a competitive, total compensation package along with professional development opportunities for innovation and growth. Compensation will be commensurate with level of experience.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. We thank all applicants for their interest in
Canadian Fiber Optics, however only those under consideration will be contacted.