Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
An Equipment Operator will be responsible for safety and high-quality work that meet expected deadlines. We’re looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12 hour days in various weather conditions.
· Place conduit and/or cables in trenches, splice conduit sections as directed
· Perform tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment that includes site clean-up
· Operate motor vehicles and trailers
· Properly secure and transport equipment to work site and safely off-load
· Establish responsibility and care for company equipment through preventative and ongoing maintenance
· Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment
· Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
· Work under the direction of the supervisor
· High School Diploma
· Class 5 drivers’ license
· Experience working with Fiber Optics is an asset
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Strong organizational and presentation skills
· Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Ability to manage a physically demanding position that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working from heights and confined spaces.
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our first priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to learn and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.