Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
The I&R Field Technician. This is a full- time position that requires ability/flexibility to work days, evenings, weekends and overnight for maintenance work as well as on-call. Excellent attention to detail and good communication skills are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides great customer service, meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Preform successful residential and business installations, connections, service additions, and disconnections.
- Troubleshooting and repair
- Operate tools and equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure all equipment is in excellent condition
- Drive to and from locations
- Work closely with other departments within the company and work independently.
- Preform various administrative tasks.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
·Operate hand tools
· lift 50lbs
· Use a ladder
· Work outside in all conditions.
· Knowledge of business analysis, continuous improvement, and team management
· Ability to work with corporate executives and support staff
· A background in Installation and Repair of telecommunication services.
· Ability to Travel to team members located throughout north/central AB.
· Positive attitude and customer focused approach
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Enjoys working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our first priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to learn and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift