Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
The I&R Field Manager is responsible for leading and supporting the installation, repair, and maintenance field team. They will provide guidance and leadership to the team focusing on technical and customer service skills. This will include providing guidance to the instillation team when they have issues with Equipment and providing support and training to our Customer Service Agents.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety, and environmental protection on the job.
- Lead and support of the I&R Team members.
- Training of new hires and existing team members.
- Handling Escalations and Emergency repairs.
- Field installs when needed to support workloads.
- Customer Service focused providing a world class experience.
- Provide insight and assistance with Dispatch team.
- Quality control inspections
- Provide Coaching on Inspections and KPI’s
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of business analysis, continuous improvement, and team management
- Ability to work with corporate executives and support staff
- A background in Installation and Repair of telecommunication services.
- Ability to Travel to team members located throughout north/central AB.
- Positive attitude and customer focused approach
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to train, mentor and manage staff members
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Thrives in a fast paced, changing work environment
- Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Telecommunications
- Business Administration diploma or equivalent work experience
- Experienced and efficient leader
- Excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics