The Hydrovac Operator will be responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation processes. We’re looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12-hour days in various weather conditions
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
- Operate equipment to facilitate installation of conduit for underground fiber optic cable
- Inspect and maintain equipment regularly including preventative maintenance
- Properly secure and transport equipment to work site and safely off-load
- Daylighting utility lines, trenching, and digging holes as required.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation.
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment
- Work under the direction of the supervisor
- Preform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Class 1 or Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience driving and operating 1–5-ton sized Trucks and Trailers
- Experience operating a Hydrovac required
- Experience working with fiber optics is an asset
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and opportunities to gain experience and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 11-hour shift
- Day shift
- Shift Work (21 days on 7 Days off)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Are you willing to travel for work?
- Are you able to work a shift schedule of 21 days on and 7 off?
- Operating Hydro-Vac: 1 Year (Required)
Work Location: On the road