The Manager of HSE, and Fleet Maintenance will have overall responsibility for the ongoing development, the systematic monitoring, and the evaluation of the company’s HSE and Fleet programs to ensure continual improvement and standards are being met within the company.
The general responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Provide overall leadership in the HSE and Fleet areas.
- Promote HSE achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage the organizations safety training programs for existing employees and new hires. Ensuring training meets legislated requirements and applicable standards.
- Actively reviewing policies to ensure compliance with provincial and national standards and legislation as required.
- Maintain the Management System (SiteDocs) documentation and controls.
- Ensure all company registrations, certifications and achievements are maintained. (COR Certifications)
- Complete WCB Case Management.
- Provide root cause and correction plan to all incidents and near misses
- Compile data gathered, report to leadership and provide action plans when required.
- Develop, plan, conduct, and control all audits in the field and office.
- Manage the records and forms related to the HSE and Quality Programs to ensure compliance (insurance, drivers abstract, meeting minutes, inspections etc.).
- Develop and maintain files on all equipment and fleet for historical data.
- Schedule and prioritize equipment repair and maintenance on all equipment, including preventative maintenance and warranty compliance schedules.
- Ensure that all equipment is completely inspected regularly and is calibrated based on the manufacturer’s recommendations or government standard.
- Manage vendor and subcontractor requirements with regards to qualification.
- Ensure staff is motivated and excited about the work they are doing and committed to being operationally excellent.
The successful candidate for this role will have some combination of the following qualifications:
- Strong organizational ability and excellent communication skills.
- 5+ years working experience in a leadership position around HSE and/or Fleet Management
- NCSO or CSO certification required
- Telecommunication construction experience an asset.
- Excellent communication including written English skills
- Supervisory experience and strong leadership qualities.