As a fiber drop installer you will be responsible for safety and high-quality work that meet expected deadlines. We’re looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12 hour days in various weather conditions.
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner.
- Operator a small vibratory plow (SPX25) to place conduit on private property up to customers home. Pull fiber cable in after conduit installation.
- Perform tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment that includes site clean-up
- Operate motor vehicles and trailers, properly secure and transport equipment to work site and safely off-load
- Establish responsibility and care for company equipment through preventative and ongoing maintenance
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment
- Class 5 drivers’ license
- Experience in shallow utility installation on private property.
- Experience working with Fiber Optics is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working from heights.
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to learn and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 11 hour shift
- Day shift
- Shift Work (21 days on 7 Days off)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Are you willing to travel for work?
- Are you able to work a shift schedule of 21 days on and 7 off?
- construction: 1 year (required)
Work Location: On the road