As an operator you will be responsible for safely assisting the installation of new Fiber optic infrastructure. We’re looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12-hour days in various
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner.
- Operate equipment (410 Backhoe, 35G Mini-Ex) to facilitate installation of conduit/handholes/PEDS for underground fiber optic infrastructure.
- Operate motor vehicle and trailer, properly secure and transport equipment to work site and safely off-load.
- Establish responsibility and care for equipment through preventative and ongoing maintenance
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation
- Pull cable through conduit and ducting with the use of equipment and by hand
- Perform labor tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment that includes site clean-up
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment
- Preform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Experienced equipment operator.
- Mechanically inclined
- Experience working with fiber optics is an asset
- Experience driving and operating one tonne sized trucks and trailer
- Ability to manage a physically demanding position that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive wages and a huge opportunity to learn and grow. This job is not based on a contract and is a permanent position. We want to ensure that we do not compromise our quality of workmanship. We do not have unrealistic expectations as to what can be accomplished each day and are willing to work with candidates who have minimal experience if they remain punctual, hardworking and willing to learn. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, submit resume to
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 11-hour shift
- Day shift
- Shift Work (21 days on 7 Days off)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Are you willing to travel for work?
- Are you able to work a shift schedule of 21 days on and 7 off?
- Construction: 1 year (required)
- Equipment operator around underground facilities: 1 Year (Required)
Work Location: On the road