As an HDD Locator will be responsible for safely assisting the Directional Drill Operator to place product underground and locate the Drill Head. We are looking for someone who can safely provide high-quality work while working efficiently. This position is not a contract base position. This job will require the ability to travel for work. It can be physically demanding and may require 8 – 12-hour days in various weather conditions.
Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and always acting in a safe manner.
- Assist the Directional Drill Operator in locating the drill head efficiently on smaller drills from 8×10 to 24×40 drills.
- Ability to read locates, and any underground facility plans/drawings
- Inspect and maintain equipment regularly including preventative maintenance.
- Operate motorized vehicle and trailer and properly secure and transport equipment to a work site and safely off-load.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork and documentation.
- Pull cable through conduit and ducting with the use of equipment or by hand.
- Perform labor tasks with the use of shovel and hand tools to complete each assignment, including site clean-up.
- Ensure effective use of time, materials, fuel, and equipment.
- Preform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Some experience as a Direction Drill Locator is required
- Experience operating 1-ton Trucks and Trailers is required
- Experience working with fiber optics is an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to manage a physically demanding job that involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting, working at heights, and in confined spaces as well as the ability to travel for work.
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to gain experience and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 11-hour shift
- Day shift
- Shift Work (21 days on 7 Days off)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Are you willing to travel for work?
- Are you able to work a shift schedule of 21 days on and 7 off?
- Construction: 1 year (required)
- Locating for HDD: 1 Year (Required)
Work Location: On the road