Canadian Fiber Optics Corp is a privately held specialty telecommunications company that designs, builds, and operates fiber optic networks to provide high speed internet services in rural / remote communities and regions. The Company deploys core expertise in fiber construction and strategic industry partnerships to deliver critical fiber infrastructure and high-speed internet services to residential, commercial, and industrial customers. From design and construction to network operations, to the provision of end user services, CFOC connects rural businesses and communities to the world.
As the Network Construction Manager, you will be responsible for Designing, Planning and Installing the Central Office power, network equipment and ISW fiber. As the company expands, this position can grow into a leadership role or provide other opportunities to advance or expand current skills.
· Design & Plan Central Office
o Building utilities and HVAC requirements
o Cable Entry into building
o Rack Spacing and Layouts
o Power Distribution and Connections
o GPON Equipment requirements
· Work with Vendors and procurement for equipment and material purchases
· Inventory and Equipment Allocation to CO’s
· Build the central office
o Installation of Rack and Grounding
o Install, Program, and turn up Power plant
o Install of GPON equipment
o Work with Network Operations to provision and turnup GPON equipment
o Complete splicing and connection of OSP to Equipment.
o Complete Documentation and records.
· Access Design for GPON Network
o Port allocation from OSP Design
o Port Efficiencies check and optimize
o Documentation of Access Design into software
· Regular Maintenance
o Battery Testing
o Site clean up
o Filter changes.
o Record updating.
· Managing Network equipment licensing and hardware cycles.
· Responsible for keeping design and build costs within budget.
· Prepare and update time sheets and expense reports accurately and on time
· Must ensure the health & safety of themselves and customers in an environmentally friendly manner
· Follow all safety policies and initiatives and bring forth any recommendations; attend safety meetings as required
- Experience within the Telecommunications CO Work is preferred
- Must have experience working with DC Power
- Working knowledge of Copper and Fiber cabling, Fiber splicing and asset
- Analytically and mechanically inclined; strong technical skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to provide a Drivers’ Abstract
- Must be willing and able to clear appropriate Security Licensing as per Provincial requirements
- Must be willing to travel
What We Offer:
At Canadian Fiber Construction Corp. our first priority is our employees. We are consistently working to provide a safe work environment as well as competitive wages and many opportunities to learn and grow. We work at a pace that does not compromise our safety or quality of workmanship. If you have a commitment to deliver results and make a difference, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Telecommunication: 1 year (preferred)